Computed Tomography Physics Support Services
Provide support services that assure clinical CT images quality meet and/or exceed Federal and professional standards as follows:
- Medical Physicist CT Annual Program Evaluation — Provide evaluation of all FDA approved CT scanners, printers, and video display systems, as defined by the American College of Radiology and National Engineering Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
- Establish and review technologist quality control programs for improvement and professional standards compliance.
- Establish and review all CT safety programs.
- Review patient scanning protocol for safety, dose optimization, and image quality
- Review CT original equipment manufacturers (OEM) site planning drawings through the lens of image quality and safety.
- Participate in early CT pre construction planning, provide construction oversight to insure critical OEM CT site specification are met to ensure optimum CT scanner performance.
- Provide oversight on all matters of CT Quality Control to include Acceptance Testing, Quality Control Testing and Continuous Quality Control Testing
Learn more about the latest CT American College of Radiology, standards, and program requirements.