X-ray Physics Support Services
Provide support services that assure clinical radiological images quality meet and/or exceed Federal and professional standards as follows:
- Medical Physicist Radiological Annual Program Evaluation — Provide evaluation of all FDA approved X-ray devices, printers, and video display systems, as defined by the American College of Radiology and National Engineering Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
- Establish and review technologist quality control programs for improvement and professional standards compliance.
- Establish and review all X-ray safety programs.
- Review patient imaging protocol for safety, dose optimization, and image quality
- Review X-ray original equipment manufacturers (OEM) site planning drawings through the lens of image quality and safety.
- Participate in early X-ray pre construction planning, provide construction oversight to insure critical OEM X-ray site specification are met to ensure optimum X-ray scanner performance.
- Provide oversight on all matters of X-ray Quality Control to include Acceptance Testing, Quality Control Testing and Continuous Quality Control Testing