MRI Physics Support Services
Provide support services that assure clinical Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) images and quantitative MR analytic quality meet and/or exceed Federal and professional standards, as follows:
- Medical Physicist MRI Annual Program Evaluation — Provide evaluation of all FDA approved magnetic resonance imaging devices and coils, digital printers, video display systems, as defined by the American College of Radiology and National Engineering Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
- Establish and review technologist quality control programs for improvement and professional standards compliance.
- Establish and review all MRI safety programs.
- Review MRI original equipment manufacturers (OEM) site planning drawings through the lens of image quality and safety.
- Participate in early MRI pre construction planning, provide construction oversight to ensure critical OEM MRI site specification are met to safeguard optimum MRI scanner performance.
- Breast MRI medical physics evaluation and QC program development.
- Provide oversight on all matters of MRI Quality Control to include Acceptance Testing, Quality Control Testing and Continuous Quality Control Testing
Learn more about the latest MRI American College of Radiology standards, and program requirements.