Positron Emission Tomography Support Services
Positron Emission Tomography (PET, Single Photon Emission Tomography (SPECT) and Planar Gamma Camera (PGC) Support Services
- Medical Physicist PET, SPECT & PGC Annual Program Evaluation — Provide evaluation of all FDA approved PET, SPECT & PGC scanners, printers, and video display systems, as defined by the American College of Radiology and National Engineering Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
- Establish and review technologist quality control programs for improvement and professional standards compliance.
- Establish and review all PET, SPECT & PGC safety programs.
- Review patient scanning protocol for safety, dose optimization, and image quality
- Review PET, SPECT & PGC original equipment manufacturers (OEM) site planning drawings through the lens of image quality and safety.
- Participate in early PET, SPECT & PGC pre construction planning, provide construction oversight to insure critical OEM PET, SPECT & PGC site specification are met to ensure optimum PET, SPECT & PGC scanner performance.
- Provide oversight on all matters of PET, SPECT & PGC Quality Control to include Acceptance Testing, Quality Control Testing and Continuous Quality Control Testing
Learn more about the latest PET, SPECT & PGC latest American College of Radiology, standards, and program requirements.