Ultrasound Physics Support Services
Provide support services that assure clinical Ultrasound images quality meet and/or exceed Federal and professional standards as follows:
- Medical Physicist Ultrasound Annual Program Evaluation — Provide evaluation of all FDA approved Ultrasound scanners, printers, and video display systems, as defined by the American College of Radiology and National Engineering Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
- Establish and review technologist quality control programs for improvement and professional standards compliance.
- Establish and review all Ultrasound safety programs.
- Review patient scanning protocol for safety, and image quality
- Review Ultrasound original equipment manufacturers (OEM) site planning drawings through the lens of image quality and safety.
- Provide oversight on all matters of Ultrasound Quality Control to include Acceptance Testing, Quality Control Testing and Continuous Quality Control Testing
Learn more about the latest Ultrasound American College of Radiology, standards, and program requirements.